[fpc-devel] Unit search order

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Jul 8 15:11:38 CEST 2010

On 08 Jul 2010, at 15:07, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On 08 Jul 2010, at 15:46, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>
>> But only when the search for used units exactly follows the search
>> path, and does not look into the directory of the using unit first.
>> Is this guaranteed?
>
> The opposite is guaranteed.

Sorry, that's wrong. I had deleted that statement from the wrong reply
(the one to the original message in the wrong thread, instead of the
new thread). The compiler never changes the cwd (current working
directory), so the location of a unit has no influence on where the
units it uses are searched.

Jonas