[fpc-devel] Semicolon before else

Aleksa Todorovic alexione at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 20:43:07 CET 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 07:42, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> As for the 'otherwise' syntax. You are correct, I have never heard or seen
> it before. :-) But it is documented in the FPC Language Reference section
> 10.2.2.

On more probably less known reserved identifier is FAIL. You can use
it only inside constructor to indicate that object creation should
actually fail and retur nil - meaning that you don't need some factory
or creation helper function for those situations. Pretty useful, isn't
it? :-)