[fpc-devel] Fpsigprocmask

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Jan 26 14:36:02 CET 2010

On 01/26/2010 01:18 PM, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> 1) syncobjs

OK for me, if the developers here don't discourage this, as they
discourage using libc.pp

(see up in this thread:
)
> 2) if it _has_ to be libc free, unit ipc

For me it has not to be  libc-free, but Michel, what is your opinion ?
I don't know the ipc unit. I'll take a look.
I suppose IPC is "Inter Process Communication" so supposedly it's not
perfectly suited for inter Thread communication (see FUTEX vs. MUTEX)
> 3) explain here why the above two are not good enough.

I'd like to

(1) do the code according to what the RTL developers say is the
recommended way and
(2) use the most suited algorithm (thus FUTEX) in the most agreeable way
(the one I know is via PThreadLib that AFAIK is done within libc, but
maybe the RTL implements something else and the developers recommend
this for the long run).

thanks
-Michael