[SPAM] Re: [fpc-devel] Creating ppc386 from ppcx64

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Jan 6 21:26:18 CET 2010

On 06 Jan 2010, at 21:15, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:

> Thanks Jonas, I went a step further.
>
> Now, when I just do "fpc", to  I got this:
>
> Error: ppc386 can't be executed, error message: Failed to execute "ppc386", error code: 127
>
> What can be causing this?

Create a symlink from /usr/local/bin/ppc386 to /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.5.1/ppc386. "fpc" searches for a compiler in the same directory as where its own binary is located. "make install" does not create/overwrite such symlinks, because that changes your default compiler.

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldl
> Error: Error while linking
> Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
> Fatal: Compilation aborted
>
> Any hint?

Install 32 bit compatibility libraries on your Linux distribution. If they are unavailable: tough luck, I guess (unless you setup an complete i386 cross-compilation environment on your system, but that's not FPC specific in any way and I can't help with that).

Jonas