[fpc-devel] parentfp changed to $parentfp

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Dec 9 10:55:27 CET 2010

On 09 Dec 2010, at 00:59, Martin wrote:

> On 08 Dec 2010, at 22:53, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>> Also, unless you are using a GDB version shipped with the latest
>> Fedora, or built one yourself from GDB's Archer git repository,
>> using -gw3 is only going to cause problems:
>> a) it's not nearly as well tested as -gw2
>> b) it uses a bunch of DWARF features that are not supported by
>> regular GDB releases yet
>>

> I am not using it for production. But I am doing some testing on the
> IDE's gdb interface.
> So I try to run the same apps with -gs, -gw, -gw3, compiled by
> different fpc versions, in different gdb versions...

-gw3 should only be used to test the compiler's DWARF3 output at this
point. Changing an IDE based on that is not useful because -gw3 itself
is not stable (so you may have to change the IDE again in the future,
or add workarounds for bugs that will never make it to a released FPC
version resulting unnecessary bulky code).

Jonas