[fpc-devel] CGI/Command line/GUI all in one

Dariusz Mazur darekm at emadar.com
Fri Sep 18 14:18:02 CEST 2009

Horacio Jamilis pisze:
> Dariusz Mazur escribió:
>> This is not problem to have separate executable, only have one source
>> to both GUI.
>> I made program which can work as desktop and as web-based (FCGI or
>> standalone web server)
>> Each form is create dynamical in runtime, source is one, but in
>> compile time:
>> 1 for desktop: clasic units from LCL (or rather VCL, on windows I use
>> Delphi)
>> 2.for web-base different set of units to handle web, but with the
>> same API as  VCL
>>
>> Darek
> How do you do this?
> I want to do exactly the same... having 2 exe, one for desktop and one
> for web without doubling the work (from the same sources).
> I was thinking on using Intraweb (or VCL for the web in delphi)...
> but, what are you using for the web with FPC?
webserver from synapse, but with  several modification (current is much
faster)
own framework as I write upper,it contain replacement for units
controls, forms, stdctrl of course only this part which I need, but its work

> I want to move to FPC from delphi, but I see no viable alternative to
> Intraweb in FPC (and Lazarus).
Indy don't work properly on linux,
Intraweb is so complicated and very heavy
> Do you have any sample source I could see?

http://www.emadar.com/fpc/xwebdemo.zip

its very simple demo with all libraries
but some text are in polish,
fell free to ask, i've try to translate or explain

--
  Darek