[fpc-devel] Compiling fpc subversion on a AMD64 box with Win 7 64 bit OS

Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis dioannidis at artesoft.gr
Fri Oct 30 14:36:12 CET 2009

Hi all,

  i have to ask what is the official process to compile the fpc svn on a
AMD64 machine and 64-bit OS.

I have a machine with AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core and Windows 7
Professional 64-bit OS and i've made a directory structure like this :

 RootPath = C:\Users\dimitris\Documents\Programming\FreePascal

<RootPath>\binutils\arm-wince (from
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcbuild/trunk/install/crossbinwce)
<RootPath>\binutils\i386-win32 (from
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcbuild/trunk/install/binw32)
<RootPath>\binutils\x86_64-win64 (from
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcbuild/trunk/install/binw64)
<RootPath>\fpc
<RootPath>\fpc\source (from
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/tags/release_2_4_0_rc1 )

Also, in the binutils dir i have a ppc386.exe 2.2.4 compiler for i386-win32.

I open a cmd prompt with administrators rights and i add :
<RootPath>\fpc\source>set
path=C:\Users\dimitris\Documents\Programming\FreePascal\binutils\i386-win32;

C:\Users\dimitris\Documents\Programming\FreePascal\fpc\source\utils\fpcm;%path%
<RootPath>\fpc\source>

Now can someone fill the blanks so i can have a native x86_64 compiler a
i386 cross compiler and a arm-wince cross compiler ?

regards,
--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis