[fpc-devel] New feature discussion: for-in loop

Micha Nelissen micha at neli.hopto.org
Mon Oct 26 22:08:06 CET 2009

Vinzent Höfler wrote:
> At first, "const function" would tell us that the function does not change the object in any way, right?

What is "the object"? Usually there are 2 objects: the list (TList e.g.)
and the object being iterated, e.g. TList.Objects[I]. Those referenced
objects can be volatile, the const-ness only applies to the TList.
Ideally the iterator state and the state of the items iterated over are
separated. (Maybe this is not so with e.g. TStringList).

Micha