[fpc-devel] New feature discussion: for-in loop

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 11:29:32 CEST 2009

On 20/10/2009, Alexander Klenin <klenin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hm. I can not see where lookahead aka peeking
>  is required in using any of the enumerators you mention.
>  UTF8String enumerator is even among the samples on the wiki page.

I just completed a parser for a custom RichText component I wrote for
fpGUI Toolkit. This will probably apply to HTML, XML etc as well. Say
you have the following string

"Hello <b>World</b>!:

When I parse that and I get the the "<" characters, I peak ahead to
see if I am working with a actual styling tag, or if I am working with
the actual "<" character in the contents. So when I tokenize that
string, with the help of "peak ahead" I know what token type to set.

>  >> Please read again with more attention ;-)
>  > BTW: The wiki pages does not contain the word "reverseEnumerators" as
>  > you suggested earlier.
>

> My bad. I skipped space between words.

Please pay more attention to the wiki article! :-) Neither "reverse
Enumerators" nor "reverseEnumerators" are text in the for-in loop wiki
page. At least that is what Firefox tells me when I do a Find.

  - Graeme -