[fpc-devel] class abstract, class sealed implementation. please review.

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 11:41:44 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 20:30, dmitry boyarintsev
<skalogryz.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please forgive me my ignorance, but what is advantage of using sealed classes?
> Personally, i see no advantage of forbidding inheritance of some class.
>
> What should be the **proper** use of sealed classes and class helpers?
>
> Please note, i'll probably copy-paste all answers to the wiki.

In _my_ opinion, the wiki should state that
"This feature is added only for Delphi compatibility.
It may create problems for the users of your code. Please do not use
it in new code."

But there are people with other opinions here ;-)

--
Alexander S. Klenin