[fpc-devel] class abstract, class sealed implementation. please review.

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 09:57:51 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 18:40, Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
> Alexander Klenin schrieb:
>> Why sealing a singleton is any more (or less) useful then sealing any
>> other class?
>
> As I said, it's as usefull as private/protected/strict private/strict protected imo

Well, the problem is that sealed is class-global -- it is like
having class with all members private -- totally useless.
Now, "final" keyword that Paul also implemented in his branch is a
much better feature
due to its finer granularity.

>> I use hierarchies of singletons quite often, and having them sealed would hurt.
>>
> You can still/should seal the class instanciated?

Sorry, I can not understand this sentence.

--
Alexander S. Klenin