[fpc-devel] gdb 7.0 new features

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Thu Oct 8 16:28:45 CEST 2009

Hello, FPC developers' list

What of new gdb 7.0 features will be used by FPC?

I see only 3 features:

- Multi-byte and wide character set support

GDB has a new data type or what? Will fpc use that datatype?

- Inlined functions are now supported

Currently I can't enter an inlined function using step into. Breakpoints don't work in the inlined functions too. As I understand now it will be possible to implement in fpc?

- GDB is now able to read compressed debug sections

What does this give? Smaller debug info? If so then will fpc support this?

Maybe I missed some other gdb 7.0 new feature which is useful for fpc/lazarus?

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.