[fpc-devel] SVN error with macosall.pas

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 18:03:50 CEST 2009

2009/7/12 Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl>:

> Can we please put a brake on the Git advocacy? I've already heard more about
> Git now then I ever want to know.

I simply offered Zaher an alternative download solution. The Mercurial
and Git mirror are alternatives to the SubVersion repository and I
don't believe many users know about them. Currently the
www.freepascal.org website only has a single small paragraph about the
Mercurial mirror - many users probably miss that information. Zaher
had an issue pulling in the latest source code which seems to be an
issue with *any* SubVersion client - so what else must he do? Just
give up on FPC?

Jesus Reyes simply asked a question about Git (I assumed it was
related to the Git mirror of FPC) so only answered his questions. I'm
pretty sure Florian would have answer similar questions about the
Mercurial mirror of FPC repository. I'm not here to promote Git - what
benefit is there for me? I don't even develop for Git, I'm just a Git
user.

So in future if somebody asks questions about the Mercurial or Git
mirrors, what should we do - just flat out ignore them? That doesn't
sound like the right thing either. Some poor soul wanted to get hold
of the FPC source code - I just enlightened them how to. So if
somebody had an issue (like Zaher) pulling in the source code via
SubVersion, should we ignore all such emails as well?

Regards,
  - Graeme -