[fpc-devel] SVN "connection was closed" error

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 12:23:31 CEST 2009

2009/7/10 Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de>:

> I do use this method with another git server via an url =
> git+ssh://anonymous@... prefix. Works great, some 10 times faster and
> much more reliable than http:
>
> If sourceforge does support this method (as the page suggests) I would
> need a read-only username and a password.
>
> The username does not seem to be anonymous:

Reading about the Git user permissions, it seems that you can access a
git repository in (read-only) mode via ssh as long as you are a
registered SourceForge.net user. So it seems the username in question
will be your registered username, instead of anonymous.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Git%20permission%20management

This is how I understood the above web page, but they are not very
clear on that point. An example would have been nice. If this does not
work, I would suggest you take up the issue with SourceForge support.
Alternatively, asb your network admin to open the Git port (I really
can't see issues with such a task) or I can add you as a developer to
fpGUI but with read access only.

Regards,
  - Graeme -