[fpc-devel] Git mirror of FPC subversion repository is available

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Fri Jul 10 16:23:10 CEST 2009

Michael Schnell wrote:

> And it does work with http://....

Yes, but we warned it is slow. The git protocol is a LOT faster than HTTP.

   $ git clone http://github.com/graemeg/freepascal.git

<quote>
Github supports cloning using both the git protocol over port 9418 and
HTTP over port 80. Using the later is very slow (Reference - see url
below). You should open port 9418 on your firewall or use HTTP cloning
otherwise.
</quote>

   http://github.com/blog/92-http-cloning

> Did you also install the ssh+gig://username stuff, which would allow
> for

The repository is hosted on GitHub's servers, so I don't have any
control over what can be installed or not.  I would suggest you ask you
admin to open up port 9418 on the firewall instead - I really don't see
the issue with this.

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/