[fpc-devel] big resource

Dariusz Mazur darekm at emadar.com
Mon Jul 6 20:42:26 CEST 2009

Michael Van Canneyt pisze:

> On Mon, 6 Jul 2009, Dariusz Mazur wrote:
>
>> Michael Van Canneyt pisze:

>>> Not intentionally, at least not that I am aware of. Maybe there is a
>>> bug ?
>> I use {$R file.res}
>> How prepare testcase: should I attach big PNG+RC+RES file?
>
> Yes, but please test with 2.3.1 first. the resource mechanism was
> rewritten.
I made some test
FPC 2.3.1 with RC compiled by binutils windres - everything is OK
FPC 2.3.1 with RES compiled by brcc32 - 131kb png is not found

FPC.2.2.4 with RC compiled by binutils windres -
131kB PNG - size from resource is 5231
50KB PNG - size from resourse is 4294951983 (sic)

FPC.2.2.4 with RC compiled by brcc32 -
131kB PNG - size from resource is 0 (absent)
50KB PNG - size from resourse is 4294951983

I can make and upload more test, but which?
Is there any chance to make patch to FPC 2.2.4 (its stable)

--
  Darek