[fpc-devel] How to call windres with parameters that are shortpathwith forward slashes

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Jan 16 00:04:20 CET 2009

In our previous episode, Vincent Snijders said:

> While preparing a back port for the fixes_2_2 branch, (a simple merge is
> not possible, because other changes to the resource handling in 2.3), I
> noticed windres failed if the output file did not exist yet. I fixed
> this in r12549.
>
> A patch for the fixes branch is available at
> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk/tools/install/patches/windres-2.2.2.patch
>
> I use this patch currently for the win32 lazarus snapshots, that use fpc
> 2.2.2 or fpc 2.2.3. Please consider using this patch for the fixes_2_2
> branch after a couple of days of testing in the Lazarus snapshots.

When considering stuff, I'd recommend r12372 (path absolute, probably fixes
a bunch of very old and very confusing bugs with {$unitpath } in src, and
maybe  r12306 (unzip unit had a string containing a path still at 80 chars).

Both are at least a month in trunk, and to my knowledge no problems showed
up. (the second is almost trivial anyway)