[fpc-devel] Arbitrary-precision arithmetic unit

Peter Popov ppopov99 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 23:43:18 CET 2009

I've missed the beginning of the thread, so ignore if not relevant.

There is a very nice library: GNU MP (multiple precision arithmetic
library) which supports arbitrary precision floats, arbitrary size
integers and arbitrary size rational numbers. Also, the API is really well
done:

http://gmplib.org/index.html

I've used it for years and it is really reliable. It is written in pure C,
so you can compile it on whatever machine you have. I am not sure if it is
optimized for GPU cards, etc.

If anyone needs native compilation on NT, I have adapted an older version
for compilation with Visual Studio, along with pascal interface. It goes
standard on most linux distributions (libgmp.so)

Cheers,
Peter Popov