[fpc-devel] a make cycle order of fpc

SErgey Ya. KOrshunoff seyko2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 23:40:51 CET 2009

2009/2/20 Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>

> The correct build order is always to start with the most recently released
> stable compiler.
>
> You can never compile a 2.2.0 with a 2.3.x.

But we can't compile 2.2.2 with a 2.3.0 too...  It's a bad thing. And if
start  to compile fpc 2.2.2 (not runtime) by 2.3.0, then it is possible. By
the way: why it is not corrected in sources of 2.2.2 piece of code where we
write to a stream an enumeration constant? In 2.3.0 there is an assigment of
this constants to a char arrary before writing such array to a stream.