[fpc-devel] 2.2.4rc1 on sparc/linux

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 18:58:26 CET 2009

I'm trying to keep this and one other open source project at the top of
my stack for a few days. If this isn't the best place to log where I'm
at please give me a wiki URL etc.

Currently looking at RC1 on a single-processor SPARC system (Ultra-1)
with sacrificial virgin Debian "Lenny". FPC installed as root using all
defaults.

Uses external assembler so requires Debian "build-essential" package as
a prerequisite. fpc compiles a test program OK, test program runs OK.

fp runs but fails to compile test program with error "illegal parameter:
-Ratt". Removing this from "Additional compiler args" results in a
successful fp compilation and program run from inside the IDE.

Setting a breakpoint and running fails badly:

An unhandled exception ocurred at $FFA6BD4C:
EBusError : Bus error or misaligned data access
$FFA6BD4C

plus an "Information" box

Program generated a RTE 217 at address $00000000

I will go back through my notes and try to get a backtrace, but it's
something I do very infrequently and I'm not very confident doing it. My
earlier experience with 2.2.2 was that on SPARC/Linux the fp IDE was
unstable when compiled with optimisation.

I'll also try compiling something more substantial over the next day or so.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk