[fpc-devel] sets in dwarf

Paul Ishenin ip at kmiac.ru
Thu Dec 10 08:21:02 CET 2009

Hello,  FPC developers' list.

According to FPC sources sets info is only written with the dwarf3
option (-gw3). I have checked how it works in gdb7.0 and found no crashes.

28        include(S, smFirst);
(gdb) ptype S
type = set of smFirst..smThird
(gdb) print S
$1 = []
(gdb) next
29        include(S, smSecond);
(gdb) print S
$2 = [smFirst]

The only glitch is the type name:
type = set of smFirst..smThird
instead of
TSetOfSomething = set of TSomething; (TSomething = (smFirst, smSecond,
smThird))

I've also found that it is possible to include sets info to the dwarf2
if option "ds_dwarf_sets" is included into
"current_settings.debugswitches". Although there are no places where
this happen.

Hence I have a question whether this option can be set per system: win32
/ linux / osx /.. or there was another idea of how to include it into
the debugswitches?

--
Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.