[fpc-devel] patch to call DoneKeyboard in the exitproc of the drivers unit

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Sun Aug 16 14:22:32 CEST 2009

Op Sun, 16 Aug 2009, schreef Jonas Maebe:

> On 16 Aug 2009, at 12:15, Nikolay Nikolov wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have an idea why the call to DoneKeyboard was previously
>> commented? It leaves the keyboard in a bad state if the IDE crashes.
>
> It was changed in revision 3443, whose log message says:
>
> r3443 | daniel | 2006-05-07 00:57:20 +0200 (Sun, 07 May 2006) | 3 lines
> Changed paths:
>  M /trunk/fv/app.pas
>  M /trunk/fv/drivers.pas
>  M /trunk/fv/validate.pas
>  M /trunk/ide/fp.pas
>  M /trunk/ide/fpide.pas
>
> * Video and keyboard initialization spaghetti organized and hopefully fixed.
> - Remove useless function from validate.pas
>
> Maybe Daniel knows.

In Turbo Vision, it is the task of Tapplication to initialize drivers and
the task of Tprogram to detect how it was initialized. This was totally
messed up; i.e. Tprogram.initscreen is supposed to detect the current
screen, but people had inserted code into it that did change the screen,
so they also invented a donescreen. This caused a lot of bugs inside FV
applications.

With this patch, I brought things back as they should be, all
intialization/finalization back to Tapplication and Tprogram just detects
how things are initialized.

Daniël