[fpc-devel] Definitions from gdkcairo.h missing in gtk2 package

Martin Sucha anty.sk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 14:05:38 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I wanted to create application using FPC, GTK+ and cairo, but was
unable to find function declaration for gdk_cairo_create function.

After looking at GTK+ sources, I created an external declaration myself:
function gdk_cairo_create(drawable:PGdkDrawable):Pcairo_t;cdecl;external gdklib;

I would, however, expect to find it in gdk2 unit.

It seems that declarations from gdkcairo.h[1] were omitted when
creating gtk2 package. Was this intentional?
(To mention the necessary info: I searched in fpc 2.2.4 sources)

Best Regards

   Martin Sucha

[1] http://git.gnome.org/cgit/gtk+/plain/gdk/gdkcairo.h