[fpc-devel] MSG_NOSIGNAL in Mac OS X

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Sep 18 13:49:07 CEST 2008

In our previous episode, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho said:
> The sockets unit for Mac OS X (FPC 2.2.2) does not contain
> MSG_NOSIGNAL, which is necessary for the correct functioning of the
> Synapse library.
>
> I modifyed the Synapse source (locally) to use $20000 for
> MSG_NOSIGNAL, which is the same value for FreeBSD/NetBSD.
>
> Note that I have very little knowledge of sockets, or what those
> constants mean, or why they are necessary in Synapse. I am just saying
> that maybe MSG_NOSIGNAL should be added to the darwin sockets unit.
> What do you think?
>
>  MSG_NOSIGNAL  = $20000;              { Do not generate SIGPIPE }

If the identifier is already exported cross-platform, it is ok.

Even non crossplatform values are allowed, as long as they are relevant to
core sockets operating (so not an entire epoll implementation or so), and
serve a clear use (which is the case here).

Almindor and I added heaps of constants for Indy's benefit too.