[fpc-devel] Re: Delphi 2009 trial is available for download

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 09:45:05 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 9:28 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Seeing that it was said a few times.... We need to wait and see how
> CodeGear handles Unicode strings.  Well, wait no more. The Delphi and
> C++Builder 2009 Architect Trial edition is now available for download
> from http://cc.codegear.com/free/delphi.
>
> WARNING:
> Just don't peak at the code!!!!  We don't want another copyright issue
> on our hands.

WARNING #2:

Have you read this article yet?  http://dn.codegear.com/article/38472

It says: Do Not Use Multibyte Characters in Install Paths.

"Don't use double-byte characters in the path or directory for installation.
Delphi and C++Builder 2009 are Unicode-enabled, but the installer has not
been enabled for Unicode."

CodeGear is just a joke!!  They keep going on about a Unicode enabled
IDE and Unicode enabled software, but their installer chokes - it's
not Unicode enabled!  hehehe.... Practice what you preach CodeGear (or
was that CodeFear).

Regards,
 - Graeme -