[fpc-devel] FPC 2.2.2 on Linux/SPARC

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Sep 1 22:19:59 CEST 2008

On 01 Sep 2008, at 21:12, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> On SPARC I can build from scratch and tests complete. fpc appears to
> be OK, but fp bombs during initialisation leaving the screen in raw
> mode. If I redirect stdout to a file I get
>
> An unhandled exception occurred at $FFA767E2 :
> EBusError : Bus error or misaligned data access
>  $FFA767E2
>
> I'm not very good with gdb etc.- how do I start to track this down?

Compile everything with

make OPT="-O- -g"

then open two terminal/console windows on the machine, in one of the
type "tty" and note the output, and in the other one start "gdb fp",
then

   tty tty_of_other_console
   run

and then when it crashes type
   backtrace

post the output of the latter command here.

Jonas