[fpc-devel] assign constant text to widestring

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Oct 24 13:59:42 CEST 2008

> Last time I cheked it on Windows no UpperCase is performed for
> WideString for codepoints > 127, maybe it has been changed recently (1
> month).
With which software ?

In my tests, If I create the WideString correctly (which  is needed to
be done with an explicit call to a conversion from utf8String),
uppercase works for the German Umlauts äöü..
With Turbo Delphi it easily works, as WideStrings are correctly
converted from ANSIStrings automatically.

-Michael