[fpc-devel] flaky Win64 support in FPC?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Oct 15 10:15:40 CEST 2008

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could anybody using 64bit FPC under Windows comment on this?  I'm only
> now able to setup 64bit FPC under Linux, but haven't had the
> opportunity to run 64bit Windows and FPC for that matter.  I thought
> 64bit support in FPC was done and dusted? [for Linux and Windows at
> least]

Given that I work exclusively with FPC/lazarus 64-bit since years,
and it is working extremely stable, It's quite likely that the poster
has some bug in his own code which is not 64-bit safe.

If he thought it was a simple matter of recompiling his code, he's
very much mistaken. Such posts are not to be taken seriously.

Michael.