[fpc-devel] Hi

Dusan Halicky dusan.halicky at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 20:31:09 CEST 2008

I'm trying to create "lightweight xml dataset" derived from TDataSet.
I've studied various other datasets (TFixedFormatDataset,
TParadoxDataset, TMemDataSet) but it's too complicated, perhaps
because there are no comments at all. Can someone help me at least
with some info how it works? Is there any documentation on datasets?

Right now I'm trying to create some dataset which return static data
(e.g. table of numbers from 1 to 100 in column1 and random strings in
column2, some boolean in column3). I finally have something in the
dbgrid but it acts weird, I have no idea how to handle data.

The reason I need my own dataset is that I am creating 3-tier
application in lazarus. The key feature why I need proper dataset is
that If I select too many data, e.g. 10k rows table, the dataset will
fetch only few lines and then when user scroll the dbgrid new data
will be fetched. As far as I know, this can be done only in TDataSet.

Every help appreciated.