[fpc-devel] library export in Linux

ABorka fpc-devel at aborka.com
Sun Oct 5 21:14:43 CEST 2008

 > Does it also work (instead of only loading) without the ifdef and
 > without you debuging code?

The mod_hello most basic example works (apache 2.2.3 and 2.2.8). But for
now, not any vanilla apache module created with file->new->apache module
in Lazarus on Linux works (apache 2.2.8, didn't test on 2.2.3) even with
the exports changes. Even with only 1 default action in the web module
saying "hello world" when called.

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On 10/5/08, ABorka <fpc-devel at aborka.com> wrote:
>>  If the assignfile is called, it already screws the DefaultHandler execution
>> even if the lines after it are commented out in the procedure.
>>  Any suggestion why? I've tried to use streams, same result.
>
> wow, this is really strange. I cannot think of a reason why this would
> happen ... if noone else here has an idea I would ask in a apache
> mailling list. There may be some reason connected to the internal
> apache structure.

Yes, it is strange. And modules created through Lazarus on Linux have
the same problem of returning an empty page no matter what. And there is
no debugging log file writing in there. Not sure about stream useage though.
We need to fix it in the hello_mod example first - since the little
library is so simple - , I think it'll fix the apache modules created
with Lazarus too.

There is also the problem of
WaitForThreadTerminate(BeginThread(@__dummythread), 300); never
returning for me on Linux apache module library. This fixed the multiple
simultaneous calls on windows, but on Linux it does not return. Might
not even be needed, but for now cannot test it before the above is
fixed. Just commented it out for now on Linux.