[fpc-devel] Re: new 27 page document describing Unicode support in D2009

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Nov 21 22:34:55 CET 2008

> > I thought you guys might find this interesting. It's a new 27 page
> > document describing Unicode support in D2009.
> >
> > http://dn.codegear.com/article/38980
>
> Seeing that I don't own D2009 and only read about it's Unicode support
> I found some of the information interesting - and it was things we
> argued about in this mailing list.

This is all information that is already on the blogs since July. Note that
Tcharacter is a sealed class, something that FPC doesn't support yet.

The whole tencoding/tcharacter is a bastard-class stuff seems to be out of .NET
compatibility (as noted in the document), but Borland changed course of its
.NET efforts after Tiburon. Sigh.