[fpc-devel] Parallel Computing

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Nov 4 08:53:23 CET 2008

> There is almost no speed difference from one thread or two threads on
> a two core machine. :(
> I will soon test on a 2 x quad core with 8 threads.

Great example. Thanks for sharing the results with us !

You said "less than expected", so you did expect a better result. Do you
have an idea what the technical reason could be ?

I tool a look at the C code of one of the example projects in the ALIOTH
test. Here they seemingly used SIMD vector operations via "typedef int
v4si __attribute__ ((vector_size(16))); // vector of four ints". Maybe
this helps more with such calculations, but I have no idea how this
could be done using FPC.

-Michael