[fpc-devel] please make TField.SetDataset virtual

Paul Ishenin ip at kmiac.ru
Thu May 29 10:54:23 CEST 2008

Paul Ishenin wrote:

>> I help to convert Fib+ library to FPC/Lazarus and this was one of the
>> problems we found.
>>
> Found one more incompatibility - TField.SetAsVariant declaration is differ:

Sorry, I was impatient with sending first problems. I found more and
this is the last patch since I compiled the whole library now :)

Patch fixed next incompatibilities:

TField:
1. make SetDataset virtual
2. pass SetVariant argument as const
3. add Lookup property

TDataset:
1. add SetDefaultFields protected method

I also cannot keep me from correcting wrong char case of few words like
"AlignMent".

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.