[fpc-devel] Too big documentation images

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun May 25 13:33:08 CEST 2008

On Sun, 25 May 2008, Florian Klaempfl wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:

> > > It has been an issue for 10 years now.
> >
> > Exactly. There are 4 converters:
> >
> > Latex2html - a huge perl script which needs more time and memory than God
> >      needed to create the earth, to convert the docs.  We dumped it because
> >      it simply takes too long. It's good for small documents (articles), but
> >      not for books.
> >
> > tex4ht - Was very good, but has some issues. Problem is that it's no longer
> >          maintained, and is no longer included in e.g. SuSE.
>
> Last version is from 2007 and ubuntu (I checked 8.04 too) has it.

I meant maintained by SuSE.

I checked.
There are open bugreports about it, and it seems SuSE 11.0 will again
contain tex4ht. I'll keep observing that, as I plan to upgrade to SuSE 11.0.

Hopefully, they have fixed some of the bugs. It seems there is now also
openoffice support in tex4ht, so that would be very good.

So, the HTML afficiniados are in luck.

Michael.