[fpc-devel] Cairo header update

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara pascalive at bol.com.br
Thu May 1 01:12:18 CEST 2008

Marco van de Voort wrote:
> I looked into Luiz' updated headers for Cairo
> (http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=11175), and while they are ok in
> principle (improvements, beautification),
> the splitting up into multiple
> units,
This is necessary to cross platform.

>  and some changes like the altered version query function will break
> backwards compat.

These are the changes:

cairo_version now is mapped to original library function instead of a
customized one.
cairo_get_version_string is renamed to original name cairo_version_string
added a overloaded cairo_version function to make easy get the
decomposed version
CAIRO_VERSION_ENCODE is removed

These functions are just auxiliary. So no many problems here. One most
prominent issue is the fact that the header is based in cairo1.4 version
from april 2007 and some dist can have older versions.

Luiz