[fpc-devel] Free Pascal queries

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Tue Jun 10 09:06:16 CEST 2008

On Tue, June 10, 2008 01:27, Chris Handley wrote:

Hi Chris,

> I have been using fpc since the beginning of the year, and it is
> great. Thank you very much for a great product.
>
> I have a few problems/queries.

First of all, please note that user questions (at least your second
question below certainly falls into this category) should be primarily
posted in fpc-pascal list.

> 1) Much of what I do is involved with preparing formatted reports.
> These mostly use RTF and that side is working well. However, one has
> to be produced in postscript and that is where I run into problems.
> How do I persuade fpc to talk to the Fonts.p file in MetroWorks
> CodeWarrior (or alternatively how do I access routines such as
> TextSize and StringWidth)?

I have no access to MetroWorks CodeWarrior and Fonts.p, but I guess that
the macpascal dialect (-Mmacpas on command line) may possibly help with
compilation of that file. However, you may need to perform some
adaptations of that unit even if it doesn't have dependencies on other
stuff (in which case it gets even more complicated).

> 2) If I have all my units in a folder, how do I tell fpc to go look in
> that folder when I am compiling a main program in a different folder?

Are you talking about the -Fu command line option, or do I miss something?
Have you tried looking at our nice documentation (directly searchable on
the WWW site) or at least the command line help?

Tomas