Multi threading support was Re: [fpc-devel] Russianlocale information not compatible withFPClocale variables

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Thu Jul 31 12:31:26 CEST 2008

My personal experience so far has confirmed this. Reducing the scope and the
duration of the locks, and allocating individual locks to individual
resources increases the performance and oddly reduces the danger of
deadlocks. I used to spend days tracking deadlock conditions. Hardly
nowadays after allocating individual locks per critical resource, and
carefully defining the scope of each lock. Having single centralized lock is
hardly a good approach.

  With best regards,
    Boian Mitov

Mitov Software