[fpc-devel] Russian locale information not compatible with FPC locale variables

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 10:35:02 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Daniƫl Mantione
<daniel.mantione at freepascal.org> wrote:
> ...because all characters that need upper/lower casing are in the BMP.
> Likewise, all possible thousand separators are in the BMP, so you don't need
> to bother with that either.

Ah, that's so true. :-)  I'm starting to like the idea of UTF-16 more
and more compared to UTF-8.  UTF-8 is a lot more work.

>> If so, it would same me a lot of time implementing them myself.  What
>> would Pos, Length, Copy etc return?
>
> This would be the same behaviour as with widestrings. RTL routines are dump,
> smarter ones should go in sysutils.

OK thanks.  I'll start creating unit tests for some of these basic
functions so I can solidify my understanding and expected behaviour of
widestrings and UTF-16.

Regards,
 - Graeme -