[fpc-devel] Unicode functions

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 12:28:10 CEST 2008

On 8/26/08, Daniƫl Mantione <daniel.mantione at freepascal.org> wrote:
>  Klingon does not have capitals, nor does any script outside the BMP. And

See the character table (image)...
  http://www.kli.org/tlh/pIqaD.html

q and Q.  Klingon doesn't have a lower case D, H, I, P and S either.  ;-)
But you are kinda correct regarding Klingon. Punctuation appears to be
only used in Latin transliteration. I cannot comment on other
languages/scripts outside the BMP.

>  And by the way, Klingon's is not part of Unicode, and unofficially #f8d0 to
> #f8ff which is inside the BMP.

Proposal to encode Klingon in Plane 1 of ISO/IEC 10646-2
  http://www.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC2/WG2/docs/n1643/n1643.htm

5a. Characters should be encoded entirely in BMP?
No. Positions U+0001 CDD0 - U+0001 CD7F are proposed for the encoding.

Regards,
  - Graeme -