[fpc-devel] fpdoc and unicode characters

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 14:40:01 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>

> You can specify --charset=UTF8 on the command line of fpdoc, that will set

OK, but it should be --charset=UTF-8
Thanks.

> the encoding of the generated HTML page, but it does NO conversion
> whatsoever.

Well this is not entirely true then!  Something is screwing up my
documentation content.

--------  xml file  --------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<fpdoc-descriptions>
<package name="CoreLib">

<module name="gfx_UTF8utils">
<short></short>
<descr>Is this character: &#x2026; displayed correctly?
</descr>

[....snip....]
------------------end---------------

U+2026 is the Horizontal Ellipses character. The following page has
more details and shows the different encodings in HTML etc...
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2026/index.htm

Overview

Is this character: ? displayed correctly?

Exactly as is!  I view the HTML source and the '...' character is not
encoded or anything. It became a actual questionmark character.

Regards,
 - Graeme -