[fpc-devel] TAVLTree(avl_tree.pp) thread safety : second proposition

Henri Gourvest hgourvest at progdigy.com
Fri Aug 8 14:13:19 CEST 2008

2008/8/8 Mattias Gärtner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems not very comfortable.
> - No custom sort function (unless you override)

> - A node does not know its parent. So with First or Search you can not get to
> the next node. You need always an iterator (iterators should be optional).
it is your own opinion, personnaly I need more than one cursor on the tree.

> - no function to resort the tree
the tree is autobalanced

> - no functions to reorder nodes with same keys
it is useless, you can do everything in the same compare function if
you have more than one key.

> - You have to override to actually store some data

You are describing an avl tree, it do exactly what it expected to do
regardless of data type.

it is usefull for me, I hope it will be usefull for someoneelse.

> - it's not 64bit save
8-| why do you say that ?

Henri Gourvest