[fpc-devel] Linking to TObject

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Thu Aug 7 07:05:56 CEST 2008

Is there a tool that will allow me to find object or library file containing
a specific entry in Linux?
I was experimenting with shared libraries but realized that it will not work
for me.
I plan to make LCL  based libraries but they can link only statically. The
components are in hierarchies so if somebody needs to use 2 of the libraries
they will not be able to work and link properly together as the same entries
will be present in both shared files. Unfortunately Lazarus does not support
dynamic LCL packages as far as I understand, so static linking seems to be
the only available option.

  With best regards,
    Boian Mitov