[fpc-devel] Linking to TObject

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Aug 7 01:02:15 CEST 2008

On 06 Aug 2008, at 23:50, Boian Mitov wrote:

> I got that part. system.o , but now I have some more unresolved:

Some of these are defined in the startup code (in case of Linux/i386:
si_prc.o for pure Pascal program, si_c21.o for programs linked against
libc). Others are symbols generated by the compiler in the object file
of programs (e.g. INITFINAL is a table containing pointers to the
intialisation and finalisation code of all used units).

I think it would be easier if you just compiled the Pascal code you
want to use into a dynamic library and use that, rather than trying to
manually replicate the whole main program compilation and linking
process.

Jonas