[fpc-devel] Locale solution for Linux (and maybe *nix)

"Vinzent Höfler" JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net
Mon Aug 4 18:56:24 CEST 2008

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 18:47:34 +0200
> Von: "Graeme Geldenhuys" <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>
> An: "FPC developers\' list" <fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org>
> Betreff: Re: [fpc-devel] Locale solution for Linux (and maybe *nix)

> On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 5:56 PM, Vladimir Zhirov <vvzh.home at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Under Ubuntu 7.10 I have the follow directory:
> /usr/share/i18n/locales/
> >
> > I don't have such directory on my ALT Linux Desktop 4.0.
> > This is the latest desktop release of Russian KDE-based Linux
> distribution
> > (http://www.altlinux.ru/). It is not so widespread as Ubuntu, but is
> popular
> > in Russia, especially in education.
>
> Thanks for letting me know. I'll try and find out what exact package
> those files came form. If only I can remember the damn apt command!
> :-)  That way we can see if it's part of the FreeDesktop standard or
> something...

-- 8< --
hovi at jellix:~$ dpkg -s locales
Package: locales
Section: libs
Installed-Size: 9848
Maintainer: GNU Libc Maintainers <debian-glibc at lists.debian.org>
Architecture: all
Source: glibc
Version: 2.3.6.ds1-13etch7
Replaces: base-config, lliurex-belocs-locales-data
Depends: glibc-2.3.6.ds1-1, debconf | debconf-2.0
Conflicts: base-config, belocs-locales-bin, belocs-locales-data
 Machine-readable data files, shared objects and programs used by the
 C library for localization (l10n) and internationalization (i18n) support.
 .
 This package contains the libc.mo i18n files, plus tools to generate
 locale definitions from source files (included in this package). It allows
 you to customize which definitions actually get generated. This is a
 savings over how this package used to be, where all locales were generated
 by default. This created a package that unpacked to an excess of 30 megs.
-- 8< --

>From a Debian 4.0, but I guess, it's about the same on Ubuntu.

Vinzent.