[fpc-devel] Locale solution for Linux (and maybe *nix)

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 10:10:49 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> I am aware of this, there should also be a symbolink link in /etc to
> one of these files. The reason I didn't use this info is because writing
> a parser for these files is not trivial.

I couldn't find any symbolic link in my /etc directory pointing to
/usr/share/i18n/locale/*. Well, nothing obvious at least.

As for the parsing. I viewed quite a few and the all seem to have the
same format. Plus the en_ZA file is quite well documented with
comments explaining the meaning of the values. It's should be easy to
parse.

> So, if you can write a parser for these files, please do, and I'll integrate
> it at once in the sysutils unit :-)

I'll first wait and see if the '/usr/share/i18n/locale/' directory is
common to other distros as well, before I start the work.

Regards,
 - Graeme -