[fpc-devel] resource compilation fails, if cpp is not on the path

Yury Sidorov jura at cp-lab.com
Fri Sep 28 16:30:20 CEST 2007

From: "Vincent Snijders" <vsnijders at quicknet.nl>

> Yury Sidorov schreef:
>>
>> Yes. It is known issue. Compiler can search for "cpp" tool the same
>> way
>> as other tools like "as", "ld" and then pass --preprocessor switch
>> windres if "cpp" was found.
>>

> I created the attached patch. What do you think?

Use FindFile and FindExe functions to search for "cpp". The same way
as windres binary is searched above:

  resfound:=false;
  if utilsdirectory<>'' then
    resfound:=FindFile(utilsprefix+bin+source_info.exeext,utilsdirectory,false,resbin);
  if not resfound then
    resfound:=FindExe(utilsprefix+bin,false,resbin);

Yury.