[fpc-devel] update for the sndfile.pp binding

ik idokan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 09:35:59 CEST 2007

Hi
Sorry for the late response.
First of all thank you Michael.

On 9/25/07, Adriaan van Os <fpc at microbizz.nl> wrote:
> Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 22 Sep 2007, ik wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> While trying to work with the library, I have noticed that the
> >> packages/extra/sndfile/sndfile.pp is old, and most of the API there is
> >> obsolete and no longer exists on the library.
> >>
> >> So I have created (from scratch) a new translation for the latest
> >> version (1.0.17) that came out over a year ago.
> >
> > I have committed your translation, thank you very much.
> >
> >> I will send a new demo and the rest of the updates later on this week.
> >
> > That would be good, because the example no longer works now :/
>
> That's a coincidence ! I have an updated sndfile.pp also, created from scratch and breaking the
> demo program.

The reasons are: It uses the Linux unit, and while we need to convert
it to the Unix units.. and then add the annoying prefix of "fp".
Secondly, Some of the API that was used in the Demo is obsolete, so we
can't really use it. even if you will try to use it with the old
library, it will not be linked.

>I uploaded it to <http://www.microbizz.nl/sndfile.pas.bz2>. You may
want to have a
> look at it. It compiles with both FPC and GPC.

Yes, some of your code is much better then mine :( Making it more
general to be used. However you are missing pointers for the records
(for example), and less Pascal way of coding style, such as adding T
before typed declarations as an example.
However, your code is more general... If you allow me, I would add
such additions from what you have made to the library.

> Regards,
>
> Adriaan van Os

Thanks,
Ido