[fpc-devel] compiling something does not work

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat Oct 27 15:37:47 CEST 2007

> Hi guys, I am new here so don't be too much hard on me :)
>
> I am trying to compile this 1992 software msim.p from the FASTSLINK
> family. You can get it here... wget
> http://watson.hgen.pitt.edu/pub/fastslink/fastslink.tar.Z
>
> I have attached the msim.p file.
>
> So, am I doing something wrong? Is this an actual pascal file? Is 1992 too
> old? :)

Yes. Just an older version. The {SUN} comments indicates some sun system.

It looks like a TP program that was patched for SUN.

Three things to fix

First,
reset(f,'name.dat');

changed to

assign(f,'name.dat');
reset(f);

similarly for rewrite

second, I renamed the program to msimprogram to avoid a duplicate identifier
issue involving the program name.

Third, a forward declared procedure must repeat its entire declaration.

http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/msimprogram.p

Note I only tried to get it compiling, not if it works.