[fpc-devel] property syntax extension

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Oct 19 13:24:48 CEST 2007

On 19 Oct 2007, at 13:14, Micha Nelissen wrote:

> Jonas Maebe wrote:
>> This is not true. You can perfectly compile a compiler using the
>> previous' release rtl.
>
> Sure this is not the question.

It is the question because this is actually done by several people.

>> E.g. the people developing using the fp IDE often do this (because
>> they have a project for the compiler, but that one does not
>> automatically compile the rtl).
>
> Adapt the project to use the new RTL ? Anyway, seems "dangerous" to
> me, not testing possible RTL regressions then.

It's exactly the other way around: you do this when there is a bug in
the compiler, and want to exclude extra variables (such as the new
rtl) from the equation in order to make it easier to find the bug.
You don't do this for testsuite runs.

Jonas