[fpc-devel] property syntax extension

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Thu Oct 18 23:58:39 CEST 2007

Op Thu, 18 Oct 2007, schreef Inoussa OUEDRAOGO:

> > function func:integer; cdecl;
> Most of the time yes, sometime no like the following :
>
> procedure proc( CONST AParametter : integer );
>
> IMHO this time, Delphi compatibility is a very strong point.

It is a strong point.

On the other hard keeping the language clean is an important responsible
task we have. We never planned to be compatible with Delphi.NET. (I have
never considered Delphi.NET a real Pascal implementation; it departs
rather far from what Wirth designed). While .NET features will spread to
native code I'd like to consider native code features only. Some may
originate from .NET in the end, and can be considered, but only because
thy have become native Delphi features.

Daniël